- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Combine flour and pecans; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, immediately roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; or cool cookies and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forButtery Nut Cookies
"I have made a similar recipe for years, they are very good, melt in your mouth. I have also made them, omitting nuts and using finely diced maraschino cherries."
"Kheaps - yes these do Freeze - would recommend after thawing to roll in confectioners sugar again to make them look great. These are also known as Russion Tea Cakes. A favorite of mine for a LONG time."
"Does anyone know if these freeze well??"
"Great tasting cookies!"
"Can't wait to try."
"Yummy n easy to make!"