I reworked an old recipe to blend mint (traditionally a complement to lamb) with buttery-sweet carrots. This quick way of dressing up carrots makes a colorful accompaniment for other meats as well.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add carrots; cook until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the sugar and mint until blended. Return carrots to pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until carrots are tender and evenly coated. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buttery Mint Carrots in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p31