Buttery Grilled Onions
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 6 medium onions, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons sherry, optional
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Carefully remove a 1x1-in. core from the center of each onion (save removed onion for another use). Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Combine the butter, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; spoon into onions. Sprinkle with sherry if desired. Fold foil around onions and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Carefully unwrap foil to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle onions with Parmesan cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 18, 2014
I only use sweet or Vidalia onions, this recipe was great with them.
May 19, 2012
This was so good. I added a peice of bacon around each onion and secured it with a tooth pic.
Jul 12, 2010
I did this only change was I used vidaillia onions it was very good.Sweet as a apple.