Buttery Grilled Onions
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 6 medium onions, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons sherry, optional
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Carefully remove a 1x1-in. core from the center of each onion (save removed onion for another use). Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Combine the butter, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; spoon into onions. Sprinkle with sherry if desired. Fold foil around onions and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Carefully unwrap foil to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle onions with Parmesan cheese.
May 18, 2014
I only use sweet or Vidalia onions, this recipe was great with them.
May 19, 2012
This was so good. I added a peice of bacon around each onion and secured it with a tooth pic.
Jul 12, 2010
I did this only change was I used vidaillia onions it was very good.Sweet as a apple.