Buttery Crab Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Bake unpricked pastry shell at 425° for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Add the crab, mushrooms and cheeses. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Top with onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 277 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
May 14, 2014
I followed the recipe to the letter...it was okay, but very bland.
Nov 13, 2011
Made this quiche sans the french fried onions for weekend guests and it was fabulous! I doubled the recipe and added 4 more ounces of crabmeat (since I had a pound). I had enough filling for three generous 9" crusts. Deeelicious!