I have fond memories of my grandmother preparing this rich and delicious snack. It's stood the test of time and remains a crowd-pleaser today.
Recommended: 17 Green Foods to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Party bread, toast or crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a small crock or serving dish. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Serve with bread, toast or crackers. Yield: 20-25 servings (3-1/2 cups).
Originally published as Buttery Chicken Spread in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p7
Reviews forButtery Chicken Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2012
"A surprizingly tasty combo, Dill & cinnamon!I put in an entire tsp. of cinnamon myself, then found I had over powdered the dill. Added more dill till it balanced properly. Great!"