Buttery Almond Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Add flour and vanilla; mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cookies are set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 148 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Almond Cookies
"I lost this recipe years ago and here it is...these are awesome I added half vanilla and half almond extract."
"Have made these for years using pecans."