This recipe is a combination of the traditional Snickerdoodle recipe and my mother's best spritz recipe. Everyone comments on the unique combination of ingredients.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and extracts. Combine flours, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in butterscotch chips and almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 151 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Butterscotch Snickerdoodles in Best of Country Cookies