Butterscotch Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs; beat well. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the raisins and butterscotch chips (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 267 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Raisin Cookies
"Great texture, great flavor, and loved the mixture of raisons with the butterscotch chips. Will definitely make again!"
"I forgot to click on the stars to give it 5 stars! :)"
"These cookies are fabulous - my kids and I love them! I've made these several times over the years now and they are gone in no time. My only changes are also adding 1 t. of baking powder and instead of just 1/2 c. of butterscotch chips, I add 1 c. I also add 1 T. of pure vanilla to mixture. You will not be disappointed with this recipe!"