Butterscotch Raisin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the oats, flour, dry pudding mix and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and butterscotch chips (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 267 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 11, 2014
Great texture, great flavor, and loved the mixture of raisons with the butterscotch chips. Will definitely make again!
Aug 24, 2010
I forgot to click on the stars to give it 5 stars! :)
Aug 24, 2010
These cookies are fabulous - my kids and I love them! I've made these several times over the years now and they are gone in no time. My only changes are also adding 1 t. of baking powder and instead of just 1/2 c. of butterscotch chips, I add 1 c. I also add 1 T. of pure vanilla to mixture. You will not be disappointed with this recipe!