VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups finely chopped pecans
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in marshmallow creme and chips until chips are melted. Spread into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into 2-in. x 1/2-in. pieces. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip candies into caramel mixture; shake off excess. Immediately roll in pecans. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before serving, cut into slices if desired. Yield: 4-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Butterscotch Pecan Logs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p94