Butterscotch Peanut Treats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir the corn syrup and butter until butter is melted. Stir in pudding mix until blended. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat. Cool for 1 minute, stirring several times. stir in the cornflakes and peanuts until evenly coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 173 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2011
This was a nice, fast, and easy recipe to mix up as an after dinner snack one night. The treats tasted great. My one issue is that I couldn't get them to form when I dropped them by tablespoonfuls, so I pressed them into a greased baking sheet with sides.