You don't have to be experienced at making candy to try your hand at this no-fail fudge. The simply delicious confection makes a great gift everyone appreciates.—Marina Castle, North Hollywood, California
Recommended: Homemade Easter Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Line an 11x7-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until smooth. Spread into prepared pan; sprinkle with peanuts. Chill until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Originally published as Butterscotch Peanut Butter Fudge in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p129