- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a very large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 6-3/4 dozen.
Reviews forButterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
"This recipe makes a lot. I divided the batter into two different batches- chocolate chip and walnut, and then craisens, orange zest and chopped apricot. Hubby was eating them right off the cookie sheet. I only had the 2 cups of quick oatmeal and added a 1 1/2 c old fashioned oats. I should have added a bit of flour as my cookies were more flat than the photo- my fault"