Butterscotch Lunch Box Cake
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine milk and pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in cake mix (batter will be lumpy).
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack.
1 piece: 361 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
Delicious & moist! I was unsure on the consistency so I added 2 eggs. It got high, but didn't overflow. I might use just 1 egg next time. Anyway, it was fabulous! On the top I used a lesser amount of chips & added coconut & dark chocolate shavings :).
Jun 26, 2010
I took this to a small neighborhood potluck today. I figured that with all the desserts there, this wouldn't get much attention. Wrong! It's great. People went back for seconds and thirds. Very easy and absolutely delicious.