Butterscotch Lunch Box Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in cake mix (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 361 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 4, 2014
Delicious & moist! I was unsure on the consistency so I added 2 eggs. It got high, but didn't overflow. I might use just 1 egg next time. Anyway, it was fabulous! On the top I used a lesser amount of chips & added coconut & dark chocolate shavings :).
Jun 26, 2010
I took this to a small neighborhood potluck today. I figured that with all the desserts there, this wouldn't get much attention. Wrong! It's great. People went back for seconds and thirds. Very easy and absolutely delicious.