Butterscotch Fudge Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 278 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 28, 2015
One of my favorites
Mar 15, 2010
A little on the sweet side (what w/ butterscotch chips isn't?) but tasty and nice texture. Quick & east to make. Might try adding nuts next time.
Aug 28, 2009
I think this would be really good made with peanut butter chips as well!