- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Remove from the heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Cut and serve. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forButterscotch Fudge Bars
"One of my favorites"
"A little on the sweet side (what w/ butterscotch chips isn't?) but tasty and nice texture. quick & east to make. Might try adding nuts next time."
"I think this would be really good made with peanut butter chips as well!"