- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Grease a 9-in. square pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and remaining butter until smooth. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in marshmallows just until combined (do not melt marshmallows). Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forButterscotch Coconut Squares
"I really tried to like these, I love anything sweet, sorry, these were entirely too sweet. I held out hope someone would eat them, but ended up throwing out most of the pan. What a waste of good peanut butter! I'm sticking with TOH's Creamy Peanut Butter pie when the family wants something peanut buttery--that's the best peanut butter dessert EVER!!"
"We love this at Christmastime. So easy to make. We give them in our goodie gifts."
"Originally, this recipe said to cut into 1-inch pieces, which is how you would get 6-1/2 dozen. Upon reviewing it, we agree that is too small for this kind of recipe. The recipe will be updated to cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces, which will yield 3 dozen.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"how can this possibly make 6 1/2 dozen in a 9-inch square pan? that is 78 pieces! If you could manage to cut them without them crumbling into pieces, they'd be smaller than bite-sized."
"How does this make 78 servings? 1" squares? The photograph does not show 1" squares."
"Very easy to make! It's extremely sweet! I put mine in the freezer so it would mold faster, and it worked!"