Butterscotch Brownie Mix
Most people have butter, eggs and vanilla on hand, and those ingredients are all you'll need to turn this mix into a panful of butterscotch brownies. —Macey Allen, Green Forest, AR
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, pecans, brown sugar and butterscotch chips in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- 2. To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until just melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add brownie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
1 brownie: 198 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC