Butterscotch Brownie Mix
Most people have butter, eggs and vanilla on hand, and those ingredients are all you'll need to turn this mix into a panful of butterscotch brownies. —Macey Allen, Green Forest, AR
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, pecans, brown sugar and butterscotch chips in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until just melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add blondie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Originally published as Coconut Butterscotch Brownie Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.