Butterscotch Brownie Mix
Most people have butter, eggs and vanilla on hand, and those ingredients are all you'll need to turn this mix into a panful of butterscotch brownies. —Macey Allen, Green Forest, AR
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, pecans, brown sugar and butterscotch chips in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until just melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add brownie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 198 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.