Butterscotch Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup soft bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the egg. Whisk in the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt if desired. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 273 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Nov 9, 2010
Goes together quickly and easily, and smells fabulous in the oven. I added cinnamon chips and used left over raisin bread.
Feb 23, 2010
My husband made this yesterday using homemade raisin wheat bread. He added extra raisins and poured the liquid into the bread for better mixing. It was delicious and didn't last long. Put maple syrup or ice cream on it for an extra treat.