- 1 cup soft bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the egg. Whisk in the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt if desired. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forButterscotch Bread Pudding
"Goes together quickly and easily, and smells fabulous in the oven. I added cinnamon chips and used left over raisin bread."