Butterscotch Bliss Layered Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar substitute and butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup milk and remaining sugar substitute until smooth. Spread over crust.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk remaining milk with the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 24 servings.
1 each: 136 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Butterscotch Bliss Layered Dessert
"This is delicious as is, though I use regular sugar and pudding mix. However, as other reviewers said, it's great with other flavors. My favorite is coconut pudding, with a sprinkle of toasted coconut on top."
"I have been making this for years. It's good with chocolate and lemon puddings too. you can use any kind of pudding mix. the best way to press crumbs in the bottom of the dish is to use the bottom of a metal measuring cup. Vanilla is good in the cool whip. I use all regular ingredients"
"Took this to church dinner today & it was a big hit!"
"WONDERFUL! I did make three changes. For the crust I used cinnamon grahams and added 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans and baked it at 350 degrees for 8 minutes before cooling and then adding the cream cheese layer. I had no trouble spreading the cream cheese. I also omitted the extract from the final topping. It is delicious and also very pretty to serve. I will definitely make it again and again!"
"found it to be a little difficult to layer, everything stuck together, but it tasted fantastic."
"My granddaughter and I made this dessert with regular instant butterscotch pudding yesterday ---we'll be making it again."
"I've made this for years. Only difference is that I uses pistachio pudding and then sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top."
"Yummy! But I had a problem spreading the cream cheese mixture on the crust. The crust kept coming up. Did anyone else have this problem or have a solution?"