Butterscotch Banana Drops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in bananas. Stir in the oats, pecans, butterscotch chips and dates.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 97 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2015
Well -- made a couple of changes because of what I had on hand! Used entire bag of chips (2 cups) don't like left-over chips; substituted 1-1/2 cup craisins for nuts & dates. Self-rising flour and regular oaks... baked 12 minutes -- oh, and an overflowing cup of banana because did not want to throw away that last little bit! Used parchment paper instead of spraying cookie sheets. We really like nice & moist cookies which they were right out of the oven; so now need to see how they store! Got about 8 dozen plus a few.... thanks for the recipe! My cookie sheets are very heavy and dark so they continue cooking after removing from the oven while cooling.
Mar 16, 2015
These are very good but a little too sweet for me. Next time I'll leave out the butterscotch chips.
Jan 5, 2010
what a great cookie. It has lots of flavor with the bannans, pecans, dates, oatmeal, It is like you have layers of flavor.
Nov 3, 2009
I'll make these cookies again. I substituted butterscotch chips for the dates and they were delicious.
Oct 24, 2009
Very tasty!!! I used old-fashioned rolled oats instead of quick-cooking oats, and they were still great! This is a moist cookie with a lot of flavor.
Aug 22, 2009
I love this recipe but there is no way I'd ever get 11 doz. unless I drop them from a baby spoon. Is there instructions for high altitude?
Aug 6, 2008
Excellent cookie and works well with a sugar substitute, also.