- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Add bananas. Stir in oats, pecans, butterscotch chips and dates. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 11 dozen.
Reviews forButterscotch Banana Drops
"Well -- made a couple of changes because of what I had on hand! Used entire bag of chips (2 cups) don't like left-over chips; substituted 1-1/2 cup craisins for nuts & dates. Self-rising flour and regular oaks... baked 12 minutes -- oh, and an overflowing cup of banana because did not want to throw away that last little bit! Used parchment paper instead of spraying cookie sheets. We really like nice & moist cookies which they were right out of the oven; so now need to see how they store! Got about 8 dozen plus a few.... thanks for the recipe! My cookie sheets are very heavy and dark so they continue cooking after removing from the oven while cooling."
"These are very good but a little too sweet for me. Next time I'll leave out the butterscotch chips."
"what a great cookie. It has lots of flavor with the bannans, pecans, dates, oatmeal, It is like you have layers of flavor."
"I'll make these cookies again. I substituted butterscotch chips for the dates and they were delicious."
"I love this recipe but there is no way I'd ever get 11 doz. unless I drop them from a baby spoon. Is there instructions for high altitude?"
"Excellent cookie and works well with a sugar substitute, also."