- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- One portion chocolate cake (7-1/2-inch x 5-inch rectangle) from the Delicate Chocolate Cake recipe also in Recipe Finder, cut into four pieces
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens slightly and a thermometer reads 180°, about 20 minutes. place cake on serving plates; cover with bananas. Top with warm butterscotch sauce. Sauce may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, heat in the microwave until simmering; whisk before serving. Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
Reviews forButterscotch Banana Dessert
"I loved the sauce but the cake wasn't the best...rather flat and not very tasty I didn't think. But that sauce was VERY good"