Butterscotch Apple Treat
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups diced red apples
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding
- In a large bowl, combine apples, marshmallows, peanuts, pineapple and raisins if desired. Combine whipped topping and dry pudding mix; fold into fruit mixture and mix well. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 23, 2011
This is one of our favorite apple salads/desserts.My husband rarely finishes the peanuts in the container of Mixed Nuts so I always save them for this recipe. I have used several different types of apples and have also used pineapple tidbits instead of crushed for more texture. Although this seems like a fall favorite I make it in the Spring as well and use pastel colored marshmallows to garnish the top to make a colorful presentation.You can also tint the whipped topping yellow or light green.
Feb 12, 2009
You can easily make this with fat free pudding and whipped topping.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.