Butternut Harvest Pies
This egg- and dairy-free pie is a great alternative to standard pumpkin pie! We love to make the pies with squash from our garden. Feel free to flavor-up this pie, adding more of your favorite spices! You'll be glad the recipe makes two. —Juliana Thetford, Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 65 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
Makes2 pies (6 servings each)
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg or ground mace
- Two 9-inch graham cracker crusts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut side down. Roast until tender, 45-55 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp and mash (you should have about 4 cups).
- Place tofu, sugar, cornstarch, honey and spices in a food processor; process until smooth. Add squash; pulse just until blended. Divide between crusts.
- Bake at 400° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.