Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute squash in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add the V8 juice, coconut milk, curry paste, bouillon, ginger, salt, cayenne and reserved onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Serve with rice. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice): 431 calories, 29g fat (19g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 923mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 22, 2017
This recipe was very good and I made a few changes. I substituted a beef or chicken bouillon cube for the vegetable cube and I also used my immersion blender to blend the sauce so there were no chunks of squash.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.