Buttermilk Rosemary Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened (mixture will be dry). Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full; brush with butter. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 216 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Rosemary Muffins
"These seem more the texture of biscuits, not muffins, but no matter. They were a fine companion to our corn chowder on a cool spring evening."