Buttermilk Rosemary Muffins
These muffins have a delicate herb flavor that's special alongside any entree. Use fresh rosemary for the best flavor.—Debbi Smith, Crossett, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, rosemary, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened (mixture will be dry).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.