Buttermilk Onion Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 99 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Aug 30, 2012
DH tasted this and said, "this reminds me of Thanksgiving stuffing." I have to agree. It's a soft bread and it has a nice onion/herb flavor. I highly recommend this recipe.
Apr 9, 2011
wonderful taste -smells so good also!
Apr 11, 2010
This bread is delicious! It also smells sooo good while baking. A definite keeper!
Nov 10, 2009
A nice dense hearty bread. Very tasty!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.