Buttermilk Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add buttermilk. Stir in mushrooms, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add noodles and beef mixture; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
You don't need to run to the grocery store if you find you're out of buttermilk. Make your own! For every 1 cup of buttermilk, place 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to measure 1 cup. Let stand 5 minutes before using.
1 each: 469 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1485mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Noodle Bake
"Made this tonight; both hubs and I didn't like this at all. Tasted like ketchup-flavored noodles to us. I won't be making this again."
"Fabulous!!! Can't ever go wrong with using buttermilk as a staple in creamy sauces. yummy! thanks for the good old fashioned recipe."
"This is delicious! Everyone loved it. It is filling and it has the most wonderful flavor. I was skeptical when I read the recipe, but I am very glad I made this. It is a definite keeper and so easy to throw together."