Buttermilk Lemon Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 344 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Lemon Pie
"My husband enjoys both the taste and texture of this refreshing and creamy pie"
"Yummy! It is rich and delicious!"