Buttermilk Dill Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1-1/2 pounds (16 slices)
- 1-1/4 cups warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Warmed buttermilk will appear curdled.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 104 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 16, 2017
I have been making this bread since 2006. You can change up the herbs to your liking. Good standard bread recipe.
Apr 9, 2013
It was very sour tasting
Feb 7, 2013
I made bread yesterday. Didn't turn out well, but think it my fault. I will try again. I thought the bread did not have near the taste of dill I hoped for.
Jun 21, 2010
I have made this a few times now and it is great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.