Buttermilk Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
I received this recipe from my best friend over 10 years ago...and I still get rave reviews whenever I serve it. The zucchini makes it very moist. My husband and I plant grass seed and have a few animals on our farmette here in Lancaster County.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups grated zucchini (about 3 medium), drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugars, butter and oil. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk; mix well. Sift together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Add zucchini and stir until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 328 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Buttermilk Chocolate Zucchini Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC