- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Butter or margarine, optional
- Syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs and oil. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Stir until blended, but a few lumps remaining. Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries on each pancake. Cook until bubbles form; flip and cook until browned on other side. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: 12-14 pancakes.
Reviews forButtermilk Blueberry Pancakes
"This was a HUGE winner for us. These cooked up nicely - light and fluffy. A couple changes I made - I used my all-purpose gluten-free flour blend and used olive oil instead of canola. Very simple and delicious!"
"Excellent. Might use a few more blueberries for the pancakes. Almost did not have enough. Absolutely delicious and we will have again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Very good. Love the blueberries!"
"2.5 stars; a mediocre recipe. It would be fluffier if the eggs whites were whipped before folding into the batter. The taste of okay."
"Waste of time and ingredients. Batter was way too thin. I will not be using this recipe again."
"We make these all the time, my family loves them!!! I make the batter and drop frozen blueberries on top on the griddle since not everyone in my family likes the blueberries...they are awesome!!"
"did not turn our light and fluffy."
"Light and fluffy ! Will make again!!! I used frozen blueberries worked out fine!"
"Very good- light smooth texture. Both my 2 year old and my husband asked me to make it again!"