—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes5 butterfly pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- To form each butterfly wing, pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Pour 1 tablespoon of batter below and touching the larger one. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
- To assemble, place two wings on a serving plate, forming a butterfly. Top with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Butterfly Pancakes in Your Family Premiere 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.