Buttercup Squash Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup mashed cooked buttercup squash
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add molasses, salt, caraway, squash and 2 cups flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to greased top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface and shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 100 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 22, 2015
Whole family enjoyed this! I used a bread machine entering the ingredients in the order specified by the bread machine. My family is already asking me to make this again!