Butter Pecan Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, beat butter, sugars and salt until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans.
- Making six cookies at a time, drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on pan 1 minute. Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle; cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 30 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 21, 2013
Everyone loves these. Two tips, if the cookies are too sticky to get off the pan, add flour to the mix. Also, use strips of parchment paper and a chopstick to roll. Put the cookie top-down on the paper. Start rolling the paper with the stick, catch the cookie, and keep rolling. Refrigerate for a few minutes to help it set. Then unroll partway and pull the paper out sideways from the cookie.
Dec 19, 2013
These cookies tasted wonderful. In fact I could not stop eating them. However, I could never get them to roll up. I just ended up eating them as flat crispy cookies. They were still incredible.