- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- Additional whipped cream
- Spread ice cream into the crust; freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forButter Pecan Pumpkin Pie
"This was a big hit!"
"Great presentation, easy, and delicious."
"At the melting ice cream stage I whisked in a little softened gelatin which helped the ice cream hold its shape after the 15 min defrost stage.The flavors are awesome. Genius recipe."
"It was worth the steps to make this pie, everyone loved it."
"I thought this was really good. I made it for a family dinner and everyone liked it. I will definitely make again."
"It didn't have a lot of taste. I expected a lot more considering the ingredients and the way it looks. No one at my dinner table was thrilled."
"I'm apologizing in advance because I hate to leave a negative review on this recipe. I REALLY wanted to like it, and anxiously awaited Thanksgiving to make it.The flavor & consistency were just not what I expected. The pumpkin layer was lacking something, I followed the directions to the T. I'm thinking maybe it was because it wasn't baked and had a raw taste? Also the pumpkin layer thawed way slower than the ice cream so when you tried to get a piece on your fork it was rock hard on top and melting on the bottom. If you do try this recipe I'd recommend using a baked pumpkin pie mixture and a full quart of ice cream will not fit in a 9' deep dish crust and still leave room for the pumpkin layer."
"Yummy and pleasing for the whole family. My husband enjoyed it and now request it every year! I add a teaspoon of almond flavor."