- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 quarts butter pecan ice cream, softened
- Confectioners' sugar and pecan halves, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, baking powder and salt until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until thickened. Beat in water and vanilla. Gradually add the flour. Spread into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until cake is lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; turn onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off waxed paper and roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake. Spread with ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Reroll; cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar and decorate with pecans before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forButter Pecan Ice Cream Roll
"This sounds scrumptous and I intend to try it. What kind of gluten free flour would work best for this? Thanks.Wanda (Hefner) Gonzales"