- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 quarts butter pecan ice cream, softened
- Confectioners' sugar and pecan halves, optional
- Line a greased 15x10 x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until cake is lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes; turn onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread with ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again; cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar and decorate with pecans before serving if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forButter Pecan Ice Cream Roll
"This sounds scrumptous and I intend to try it. What kind of gluten free flour would work best for this? Thanks.Wanda (Hefner) Gonzales"