- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- BUTTER PECAN FROSTING:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour melted butter into a baking pan. Stir in pecans. Toast at 350° for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stir in vanilla and 1 cup toasted pecans. Pour batter into two greased and floured 8-in. round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, cream butter and sugar. Add milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Add additional milk if needed. Stir in remaining toasted pecans. Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forButter Pecan Cake
"What can I say but WOW..... very, very good....."
"It was really good but there was not enough frosting to cover cake and I did not even cover the middle next time I would double the frosting. Other than that it was over all good."
"This cake was different for me and I loved it!!"
"This is one of the best desserts I have ever made! easy to follow with amazing results! I made it for my husband's birthday and he loved it!~ Theresa"