- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forButter Mint Cookies
"These are good. Have a shortbread-like texture and were super easy to make due to the small number of ingredients, i used a glass with a pattern on the bottom for flattening, which made them even prettier. I think I will try a different flavor extract and color sugar next time for variety."
"I used peppermint this time- great fast cookie recipe!"
"The cookies are okay and easy to make, but there is WAY too much peppermint in them. I'd only use HALF the recommended amount if I made them again."
"I agree they need a bit more sugar. But yummy!"
"There's 148 calories in 2 cookies. I couldn't make these because I couldn't stop eating them. 148!!!!"
"These cookies are absolutely delicious and so easy to make. They're a keeper, for sure, and one we'll make many more times, as we absolutely love them."
"This recipe was excellent. I made them for St. Patrick's Day and used Emerald pearlized sugar. The mint made them extra special for us."