- 2/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate; cool for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- For frosting, heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cream and vanilla. Beat in sugar until smooth and thick. Frost bars.
- For glaze, melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave or double boiler; cool slightly. Drizzle over bars. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forButter Fudge Fingers
"These are truly yummy! I was a little weirded out by the glaze ingredients.....no sugar added to the unsweetened chocolate and butter?? How can that be?? I even tasted it.....do not do this. Yuck! But I still frosted the bars and drizzled the glaze, trusting Taste of Home. Oh my gosh, the frosting and glaze balance out. A lot of you cooks probably knew this, but I did not and I am so happy with the way these turned out. My friends said that it was so sweet, it made their cheeks tingle! But again, don't taste test the glaze! ??"