Butter Fudge Fingers
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar until well blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Frost bars.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 14, 2015
These are truly yummy! I was a little weirded out by the glaze ingredients.....no sugar added to the unsweetened chocolate and butter?? How can that be?? I even tasted it.....do not do this. Yuck! But I still frosted the bars and drizzled the glaze, trusting Taste of Home. Oh my gosh, the frosting and glaze balance out. A lot of you cooks probably knew this, but I did not and I am so happy with the way these turned out. My friends said that it was so sweet, it made their cheeks tingle! But again, don't taste test the glaze! ??
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.