- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- Place butter in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in the milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into 9-in. x 1/2-in. strips.
- Dip each side of strip in butter in prepared pan; arrange in the pan (do not allow sides to touch). Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen, 24 servings, 2 per serving.
Reviews forButter Dip Breadsticks
"Expected chewy but got hard instead. Very bland as made but will not be trying again- voted "off the island"."
"Texture and taste of a thin crusty biscuit.Family voted to not save this recipe."