"This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember and can easily be halved to accommodate smaller families," relates Martha Rhoades of Fayetteville, Arkansas. :The buttery breadsticks always appear on our menu for holidays and special occasions."
Recommended: ‘Finger’ Food Halloween Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- Place butter in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in the milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into 9-in. x 1/2-in. strips.
- Dip each side of strip in butter in prepared pan; arrange in the pan (do not allow sides to touch). Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen, 24 servings, 2 per serving.
Originally published as Butter Dip Breadsticks in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p16
Reviews forButter Dip Breadsticks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2010
"Texture and taste of a thin crusty biscuit.Family voted to not save this recipe."