Butter Crunch Pudding
You'll need just four ingredients to make the sweet crumb topping for Butter Crunch Pudding. "I got the idea from my sister. It's actually a pie crust recipe," Kathy relates. "Without time to fuss, I put the crumbs on top of a cooked or instant pudding. Everybody loves it."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix or flavor of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Spread the crumb mixture on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; chill for 5 minutes.
- Spoon half of the crumbs into each of four dessert bowls. Top with pudding and remaining crumb mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 586 calories, 31g fat (20g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Butter Crunch Pudding in Quick Cooking January/February 2000