Crusty on the outside and tender on the inside, these buttery cornsticks go well with soups, stews and casseroles for a memorable lunch or supper. A cousin's recipe, it's not a favorite with three generations of our family.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan; heat in a 425° oven until melted. Tilt to coat bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in corn and milk. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll into a 10x8-in. rectangle, about 1/2 in. thick. Cut into 4x1-in. strips. Place in melted butter and turn to coat. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 188 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.